Friday, December 2, 2011

Art Therapy

I remember reading a blog for a while and enjoying her posts and insights immensely.  Until one day, in trying to depict everyday life, she wrote something to do with boogers.  I  have never seen her in the same light.  Today, I run the same risk.  I am not actually saying anything about them.  I just want to make sure you can read the quote from the cartoon my son drew when he was upset with my husband.  It says, "I love to pick my boogers."



My youngest daughter created the following piece of art last night:



She amended it this morning.  She explained she would just use the same paper, but change it to whoever is being mean that day according to her current feelings.

I am grateful that they are able to express their feelings, rather than keeping it stuffed inside.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, out of the mouths of babes...

    I'll hope you'll save these for future blackmail material!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hysterical. Thank you!!!!!! I laughed so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. This is really good -and wouldn't it be great if we all expressed ourselves this freely?

    Thanks to all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! Good for them. They would fit in so well here where one child expresses his frustration by calling everyone poopy head.

    ReplyDelete